Trusts and Companies
Trusts, Foundations and Statutory Bodies
People Matters relies on the generosity of charitable trusts, foundations and statutory bodies to undertake the vital work it does with disabled young people and adults. We are grateful to have received support from lots of different places since our inception than we can list here: those below have donated to us recently. We welcome the opportunity to submit applications, and we monitor and evaluate our work carefully, both for our own purposes and to give feedback to our supporters and partners.
People Matters is very grateful for the support it has received recently from the following trusts, foundations and statutory bodies:
- Henry Smith Charity
- Leeds City Council
- Leeds Community Foundation
- Leeds office of the NHS West Yorkshire Integrated Care Board
- Lloyds Bank Foundation
- National Lottery Community Fund
- NHS Charities Together
- Sir George Martin Trust
We are also grateful to those who have given generously but prefer no public acknowledgement.
If your organisation is interested in supporting our work, please contact us at email@example.com .
People Matters is keen to speak to companies who are interested in the work we do. We can work with you towards achieving your specific objectives. We can help you to show your commitment to the community, fulfil your corporate and social responsibility aims, increase your profile, and motivate your staff.
We could come to talk to your staff and show presentations or videos of our work with young people and adults with disabilities, and we could even run a team-building activity for you. Below are some of the ways in which we could work together.
Partnerships and Sponsorship
People Matters has a number of different strands of work which are suitable for sponsorship. These include employment support courses, job clubs, health and wellbeing groups, social groups, support for individuals in need and newsletters. Your company may like to be a partner in one of the following:
- Supporting the cost of an information, advice and guidance service for people struggling to deal with the challenges they are facing
- Sponsoring a social group’s leader or support worker
- Sponsoring a health and wellbeing group leader working with people with a life expectancy of less than the state pension age.
Your company may also like to consider sponsoring a fundraising event, or an aspect on an event. This could be anything from printing and distributing publicity materials to providing wine or food for a reception or paying the costs of hiring a venue.
Gifts in Kind
Your company may be able to help People Matters through the donation of office equipment or prizes for auctions, or you may have expert volunteers who might be able to work on a specific project for us – for example designing us a new building or supporting us with a technology or sustainability project. We are happy to endorse brands that support our work and to discuss any comms associated with how you support us.
Presentations at your premises
As a Disability Confident Leader organisation we can give presentations to your staff teams about our charity, inclusion and how to recruit, support and retain disabled staff. NB To deliver this service we will either need to charge you a fee and/or agree attendance levels and how to receive donations directly from your staff.
Team Building and Volunteering Days
Team building and volunteering days for staff teams can be arranged. Our standard offer usually includes time working with our members in our social enterprise Nourishing People and your team might
- Have a presentation about our charity, its members and the work we do
- Work alongside a small group of our trainees in our social enterprise for a session
- Produce a batch of our wonderful snacks ready for sale
- Do a craft based session to make items for you to take home or for us to use in future fundraising activities.
- Do a collaborative art activity to make a piece of art to go up in your staff rest room or even in your reception (no skills required)
- Eat lunch together, as well as having some of our snacks this will be supplied by a partner organisation which also supports disabled people into work
- Spend time learning about how we approach inclusion at work to support your organisational culture and values
- Have the opportunity to buy our Nourishing People snacks and/or arrange for them to be made available for staff back at your premises
NB A charge is made for this opportunity. Please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org to discuss further details
Charity of the Year
You could nominate People Matters as your ‘Charity of the Year’ and we could develop a range of activities to involve your staff and customers.