New – People Matters launches the 2023 Christmas raffle with over £2000 of prizes including 2 tickets to a Leeds Utd game with full corporate hospitality and 2 tickets to see Leeds Rhinos. To join in online go to our Go Fund Me Christmas Raffle page
Volunteer with us – your time is very valuable so when you are giving it to support us we will work with you to ensure that the time given is productive, rewarding, supportive, can offer progression and is fun. See our volunteering page for more information.
Trusts and corporate social responsibility – we rely upon the goodwill and support of both grant making trusts and companies fulfilling their corporate social responsibility agenda. See our trusts and companies page for more information
Every bit of support for People Matters is really appreciated. You can make a real difference, for example:
- £10 can buy food for a day for someone with learning disabilities supporting the People Matters foodbank
- £30 would pay for community venue hire for a social group session reducing isolation
- £40 pays for individual support at a session in the community for someone with learning disabilities who can’t go out on their own. They may need to attend the hospital, go to the local housing office or just enjoy a visit to the park
- £250 will fund a day’s employment support for a group developing skills and seeking work
- £2,500 pays for a project running a health and wellbeing group for autistic people
Below are alternative ways in which you could donate:
You can donate through one of the following platforms by clicking the logos
Please download the donations form PM Donations form and send the completed form with a cheque made payable to People Matters (West Yorkshire) at:
68A Barkston House, Croydon Street
There is also a PM Donations form print if you wish to complete it by hand.
Please call us on 0113 2346896 if you would like to make a donation from your credit or debit card. If a member of staff who is trained to accept donations is not available or we can’t answer your call at the time, please leave a message and we’ll get back to you as soon as we can.
By CAF Charity Account
Click here donate via the Charities Aid Foundation donation system. You will need to do a search for People Matters (West Yorkshire).
Set up a regular gift
Regular gifts enable us to plan ahead, as they provide us with a steady income stream.
Standing orders with your bank are the most efficient way of supporting our work and minimising administration costs. Setting up a regular gift of just £5 per month means that over the course of a year you will have paid for an advice meeting for a person with learning disabilities. If you are a UK taxpayer, we can claim back Gift Aid on your donation.
- £5 per month pays for an advice meeting for someone with learning disabilities after a year
- £10 per month for a year could provide 2 advice meetings
- £20 per year could pay for an isolated person to go to a Christmas celebration each year
- £100 per year could help train a new support worker
- £60 per quarter could fund a day’s employment support for those with learning disabilities in Nourishing People our micro social enterprise where members gain experience in running a small business.
Please donate here, to set up a regular gift or a one off donation
Click here to find out more about Gift Aid
Donations to People Matters (West Yorkshire) made through Payroll Giving are taken from your salary before tax. For example, every £10 you give will only actually cost you £8 (at the standard 20% tax rate); the taxman pays the balance. If you pay higher rate tax at 40%, the actual cost of a £10 donation is only £6.
You can use Payroll Giving provided you are an employee and your employer operates a Payroll Giving scheme. If they don’t, you could ask if they would be willing to start one.
If you have decided to give through Payroll Giving, you can download and print the Payroll giving form your employer has. Complete the payroll giving form and give it to your employer to authorise them to deduct your donation from your regular pay. Please make sure you use our full name People Matters (West Yorkshire) and also send a copy of your completed form to People Matters, 68A Barkston House, Croydon St, Leeds LS11 9RT. Our charity number is 1170724.
Click here for more information about Payroll Giving.
Fundraise for People Matters
People Matters offers its members social care and does everything it can with a small core team; we don’t have a fundraising team, so if you are able to raise money for us it means we can help more people with learning disabilities and autistic people.
Your event is important to us, and if you get in touch to tell us about it we’ll be happy to publicise it on our website, through Facebook and Twitter, and in our newsletter.
We can also send you leaflets, PM Sponsorship form, collecting boxes and more.
Here are some fundraising ideas:
- Physical challenges (eg. London Marathon; walking or cycling or swimming challenges). A sponsorship page can be set up with Go Fund Me You can also download a sponsorship form here.
- Musical events (concerts, 24 hour music marathons, Grade One-athons)
- Community events (jumble sales, fêtes, plant sales, cake sales and raffles)
- School events (perhaps with People Matters as a school’s ‘Charity of the Year’)
- Donate your unwanted shares and suggest People Matters as a charity
- Shop online and raise a bit for People Matters at no extra cost to you
- Donate through eBay: you can donate anything from 10% to 100% of the purchase price of your item: items with a charity ribbon icon get more viewings and reduced selling fees.
- Recycle your used inkjet cartridges: each cartridge raises £1 for People Matters (as long as they haven’t been previously refilled). Don’t forget to choose People Matters as your charity.
- Coming soon – Donate an old car which is going for scrap – Send e-cards for birthdays and other events. You could also send a virtual gift here.
For some handy fundraising tips go to: Raising Funding . Do let us know if you find any other schemes which you would like us to be part of.
We can send you a fundraising pack with lots of extra information – just email us at firstname.lastname@example.org with a brief description of what sort of event you have in mind.
We are currently looking for corporate partners to support us. This can be done in a number of ways, such as by working with us for a day with your team, individuals sharing their skills with our team and members, raising much needed funds for us or becoming our corporate partner of the year. If you are interested in any of these opportunities, please contact us at email@example.com and look at our companies section