Introduction to Cookies
What are Cookies?
Cookies are small text files which are downloaded to your computer or mobile device when you visit a website. Your web browser (such as Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox or Google Chrome) then sends these cookies back to the website on each visit you make to the site so that they can recognise you and remember things about you.
How do you stop cookies being used
It is possible to stop some or all cookies working on your browser (opt-out), although this may stop our site from working properly or impair your experience. If, once you’ve reviewed the cookies we use, you may want to opt out. Find out how to Manage your cookies.
Strictly necessary and functional cookies
These cookies are essential for the site to work. They allow certain functionality, such as remembering that you are logged in, allowing you to use only one username between sites, or processing your details when you make a donation or register for an event.
These cookies improve your experience whilst using the site. For example, remembering your accessibility preferences.
These cookies help us to analyse the performance of the site. They let us see how many people are visiting the site and how users behave once they are here. We use this information to plan improvements to make your experience better. All information we collect is anonymous.
We use Google analytics and you can find out more about cookies that Google use
Third party functionality cookies
- Read about Twitter cookies: https://support.twitter.com/articles/20170514
- Read about Facebook cookies: https://en-gb.facebook.com/policies/cookies/
- YouTube is a Google platform and if you want to know about Youtube cookies, please read the Google information above.
Manage your cookies
- Internet Explorer cookie management
- Firefox cookie management
- Google Chrome cookie management
- Opera cookie management
- Safari cookie management
- Safari iOS cookie management
- Android cookie management
- Blackberry cookie management
- Windows Phone cookie management
You may visit the All About Cookies website where you will find all the information you need to manage your web privacy. Please note that disabling certain cookies may restrict your ability to use Scope’s website.